Thursday, December 11, 2014

The Velveteen Bunny


OUTFIT DETAILS:
Blazer, Bag & Hat: Thrifted Vintage
Scarf: Etsy
Tights & Shoes: Modcloth


Oh hi there darlings!

Christmas is right around the corner now, and with that comes trimming the tree, baking the cookies, and thinking about holiday dressing.  That's right - I get pretty darn excited every Christmas Eve to dress up - for dinner, for church, you know - the whole shebang.  Anyhow, this year I was over the moon when eShakti.com asked me to pick a piece from their holiday collection to wear and review and well - here I am, happy as an elf.  

My eye was immediately drawn to this floral velveteen skater style beaut - um, hello there gorgeous.  It actually reminded me of this vintage piece I had in my possession a while back - which I reluctantly sold.  So how amped was I that a similar piece made it's way into my closet once again.  

As always - I am quite fond of eShakti and the quality of their dresses.  This one was no exception.  It's full - lined skirt and decorative gold zipper down the back are details I especially love on this piece.  Though one thing I do have to mention - in the past I always took the customization route when ordering from their site.  They actually encourage you to do this as you plug in all your measurements when checking out.  However, this time around - I ordered a standard medium.  I figured that since I am back to my pre-pregnancy weight, I wouldn't need to customize will all my exact measurements since I tend to wear a medium or size 6 across the board.  Eeh.  As I am small-boned but still very curvy in the bust and hips - I found that this medium (which eShakti actually considers a size 8), was slightly big in my shoulders.  It's not so much of a big deal to me as the dress fit awesome otherwise - but since customizations are offered, I will in the future be taking full advantage of plugging in my exact measurements.  I would definitely recommend doing so if you happen to be short/petite like me.  

** Unfortuniately this particular dress is currently sold out on their site...which is no surprise to me!  You can however check out the rest of eShakti.com's holiday collection right here.  There this LBD dress with a deer on the front of it that I am particular smitten with as well (see here).

That's all for now darlings!  As the holidays near, I intend to wear this lovely with sheer tights, pretty heels, and perhaps a floral crown - but for now as I am running out for coffee with the Mr. and kiddos, so I layered it up with a blazer, slouchy hat, and circle scarf because, baby, it's cold outside!

What will you be wearing for the holidays?

Talk soon...Love bunches, 

19 comments:

  1. I love these layers Marisa! Seriously, such a darling winter look. What a pretty dress- I love the zipper detail, and I didn't notice that it was velveteen- how fun! Now you have me craving some fresh baked cookies :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love this dress. It's one I Pinned because it is just so perfect for the holidays. You look wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful look, Marisa. You're such a wiz at color!

    xox Sammi

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so gorgeous and your dress so absolutely stunning! Love the print! Also adore your combined accessories...

    Have a great day,
    -Kati

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous pictures! All these colours go so well together!

    XO IMKE

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love floral so much! These photos are great.
    I have never shopped from that online store but I see so many people posting about it. Maybe one day I can try it.
    +Victoria+
    justicepirate.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful dress my dear. I'm not surprised it's sold out. You have put a gorgeous outfit around it as always xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had an eShakti dress that ended up a tad too big in the shoulders too. I think it might be common for them, unfortunately. I love this dress you picked out though. The colors and layering in this outfit are so perfect. You look wonderful! I'm going to have to check out eShakti's new collection!

    Jamie | PetitePanoply.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. you look adorable! I love how you styled everything together

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE the dress you picked!!! And it has a full-lined skirt? Couldn't have been a more perfect dress. And I love how you styled it! I have those mustard tights too but I've been having trouble making them work with a lot of my outfits. Your outfit gave me some inspiration :). I have a small frame so I went with custom sizing on my eShakti order, the dress fit me to a tee so I would definitely recommend sticking to that vs. ordering a standard size :).

    xo, Serli
    www.lesoleilchic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I want to bake cookies for the holidays now! Love this outfit (as always!)


    Miche from Buttons and Birdcages

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh lucky you that you got to review this super cute dress! Before reading that you got it from eShakti Ive been wondering if its vintage or not. It looks really really wonderful!
    I am totallly with you when it comes to dressing up for Christmas, I just bought two maternatiy dresses to wear during the holidays :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. This really does have a great vintage-inspired feeling to it. How fun!

    ReplyDelete
  14. that dress really is gorgeous, and you look beautiful in it! and i love how cosy you look in your hat and scarf:-) i haven't even thought about what to wear on any of the christmas days or activities yet! xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. your tights are so lovely <3
    http://coeursdefoxes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi! Such a lovely photo!!
    So beautiful place here.
    Have a lovely Christmas☆

    akiko

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the print on this dress! eShatki never disappoints in quality and how the dress fits so flattering on the body. When they asked me I was so excited too!

    Love,
    Natalia
    http://curiousnatalia.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a beautiful dress! I have a few similar floral prints and I absolutely LOVE them. :) And of course, the colorful layers are a nice touch, too.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Those leaves are amazing... so colorful and I just adore the back of that dress! You always look good!
    xoxo
    Taylor

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, introduce yourself, or just say Hello. You never cease to brighten my day:-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...