Friday, October 18, 2013

Ruby Red Left Feet

The Details:
Beret, Brooch & Bag: Vintage, thrifted
Tights: Target
Shoes: Miss L Fire



 
Happiest Friday darlings!

What a busy month it has been for the little fam and indeed - there is just no other way to put it.  We've been out of town nearly every weekend and last one had us celebrating the night away at a friend's wedding - 2nd one in less than a month - I just love this time of year!  (I'm sure I sound like a broken record saying that again and again).  


Anyhoo, I've been making some more practical kind of choices when it comes to dressing lately due to nursing my son  - so I'm always looking for dresses that slip on over the head and are easy to pull up for just that.  This particular sweetie pie was perfect for me and for dancing with friends.  You know what was not practical though?  My shoes!  Epic fail.  As much as I love them, the heel height and the fact that they are a half size too big (blame it on my feet shrinking) made them a beast to twist and shout on the dance floor in!  Wanna see?  

The Mr. caught me on camera doing / attempting / failing at the electric slide.  You'll see how cool I really am....ha!  

Nice, right?  I'll chalk it up to cuteness over coolness I guess.

There's lots on tap this weekend for me - a trip to Philly and a PA blogger event.  What's on tap for you?

Wishing you one sweet weekend my friends!

Love Bunches,






21 comments:

  1. I love the shoes, too bad they're a bit too big. They look wonderful with the outfit, which is also really nice :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a perfect outfit, that little brooch is the loveliest little touch, and the tights are a gorgeous shade too. Enjoy the weekend!! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a great look!!! That dress is so perfect on you and even though the heels aren't practical I absolutely adore them, so fun. That's so funny that he took a video!! Have a good weekend darlin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking beautiful as always darling and those shoes and hat are too freaking cute!! Where did you get the dress you're wearing, it's so cute and perfect for fall! :)
    xx

    mysmallrayofsunshine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG, I need your shoes for my Halloween costume! :D They're look really nice on you eventhough the size is too big. I love the flower detail on your dress :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Props to you for keeping up with dresses like that while nursing! The only dresses I wore then were shirt dresses or wraps... It was a world of separates that year! If I may ask, how do you handle public nursing, though? It's one thing to bare breasts (and I was staunch in my right to do so), but bum, too? Or are you hiding bike shorts? (So obvious! Wish that had occurred to me)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm absolutely in love with your blog! you're beautiful and stylish... aww :)
    i follow you with gfc:)

    xoxo,
    TVL

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love these photos! oh the electric slide...can you believe my senior year of high school i had to do it for a "test" in gym class in front of like 50 people by myself? ugh!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the collar shown here. Glad you got some peaceful time finally ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. That dress is so adorable with the collar! Love the hat too.

    Sincerely,
    Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awe, you look both cute and cool in the animated gif! ;) And I love your outfit; so fancy! I'm sorry those shoes run too big now. I feel none of my shoes are truly comfortable :/. It takes too long to break them in and once they feel comfortable, they look too worn out, ha.

    Have fun in the blogger event! ;p

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love that pretty collar and those cuffs- you are the cutest mamma! As much as I love fun, tall shoes, I always force myself to go comfortable (and cute as possible) when dancing because I don't want to have to stop shakin' it :) I'm sure you looked cute as a button!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I thihk the dress is super cute and you no matter if you think its practical or not :) I've been thinking that nursing might be difficult when wearing dresses but I guess you are right that if you can slip it easily over your head there is no problem :)
    The pictures are beautiful! Seems like you have a beautiful fall this year!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your dress is so pretty Marisa! Love the combo with white tights and red shoes. And your glasses are amazing too! xx Tani

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous outfit! That dress is to die for, and you always have the best shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This collar is so pretty! And practical or not, these shoes are amazing! Definitely worth it :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. your outfits are so cute and girly!! love them <3

    http://flowersandcrowns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. That dress sure is lovely! Hope that all is well with you and the family!

    xoxo,
    Laura
    http://lauraisthriftingthroughlife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, introduce yourself, or just say Hello. You never cease to brighten my day:-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...