Monday, November 2, 2009

These Are a Few of My Favorite Things: Coconut Oil


I'm kind of a nut for natural/organic products. Probably about 85% of the beauty products I use are just that. Natural and/or organic products are good for the body and the environment. One of my favorite things to use is Coconut Oil. Yes, the same coconut oil that you can cook with. Coconut oil has numerous uses and a plethora of benefits, but in particular, I like to use it on my skin and hair. It's an interesting oil because it comes in solid form, so it must be warmed up prior to application.

On my face: I use a small amount at night as a moisturizer. It clears blemishes, reduces acne scars, and gives you a healthy glow without being greasy. On my body: Upon getting out of the shower, I slather all over. Your skin will never be dry. I find that it's great for preventing stretch marks during pregnancy. On my hair: I use it on the nights before I was my hair. I rub my hands together and massage into my scalp. I take the excess and put it on my ends. Your hair will be shiny and healthy. It's the best conditioner out there and it's great for all hair types.

Another great benefit of coconut oil is that it is easy on the wallet. You'll find that you will save lots of money on lotions, conditioning treatments, and moisturizers once you start using it.

I like Nutiva brand. You can purchase it at Vitacost.com -

Check out this great You Tube demonstration-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, introduce yourself, or just say Hello. You never cease to brighten my day:-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...